RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron Corsair Build
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Byron Corsair Build

ORIGINAL: Canuck1

Have been doing some fiddling around this weekend. I was looking at the cooling vents for the wing. They look ok, but I think I will scale them up, give it some relief to make it look more realistic. I glued the alum spar to the plywood insert. This will slide into the wing, and is epoxied in place. Just checking for fit right now. The starboard wing was not cut deep enough so I needed to remove 5/16th of an inch for a proper fit. A hacksaw blade made this an easy task. I hope tomorrow I will have a little time to do at least one wing, just need to make sure it is aligned well, so the sheeting will be flush with the fibreglassed part when it is attached.

Craig.
canuck, i'm building another corsair and i'm fitting the wings . i was wondering if if you used the method recommended by byron? according to byron , you're supposed to raise the wing tip up to 4 1/4" using a template that you make. when i did this , the wings to me looked like they should go higher and they butt up to the fuse much better when i do. if you still have the original byron manual can you confirm the 4 1/4 " tip height recommendation? i have a iron bay manual and i don't trust it . thank you WB_1