RCU Forums - View Single Post - No Representation
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
mschulz531

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Representation

I agree with most everything you are saying, except the "affordable pricing on additional receivers"...at $10/channel, Airtronics RX's are more expensive than Spektrum or clone receivers, and ATX does not make a "mini" RX for super light planes. I'm still buying ATX RX's and I *LOVE* my SD-10G, but I think lowering the cost (at least on the FHSS-1 version) of some of their RX's would help.

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

I've done more than my fair share of evangelizing for Airtronics 2.4 here in Omaha. I've converted dozens of pilots over to Airtronics over the last four or so years, and we even have one of our club trainers set up buddy boxing a pair of SD-5g radios just so the new pilots can see Airtronics the first time they fly.

I knew that most RC pilots have a "herd" mentality when it comes to radio systems, so I went to work building an Airtronics user base in my club. It's pretty funny to hear someone ask about programming their JR or Spektrum radio at our field and have someone reply, "You have a Spektrum radio? I don't know to much about those. Most of us fly Airtronics or Hitec, but there are a few of the guys who have Futaba now, too."

In my estimation, the SD-6g is just about the perfect computer sport radio at the ideal price. On sale for $149.99 right now, they should be flying off the shelf faster than Sanwa can make them. When you add in Global's quality customer service, affordable pricing on additional receivers, and superior construction quality and ergonomics compared to most of the competition, it only adds to the value story. The icing on the cake is the SD-6g's best-in-class user's manual, just comparing the quality of the owner's manuals will prove that Airtronics cares as much about customer support as anybody in the hobby industry.

All we can do as informed Airtronics owners is keeping showing off our radios and spreading the message. The rest of the herd will come around eventually.