RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 AM
digitalsmithy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

thanks dude! i don't mind answering ask away! (i'm no expert though so the knowledge is a bit limited) I would say that the carbon deck definately helps at least a little (i cracked the stock one in several places), the rpm links even more so. They stay pretty snug unlike stock ones that loosen up and warp after a couple "pop-offs". Yea those are 31's with 9mm offset rims, they grip really well but not too much like slicks that send the car deathrolling. As far as the gearing it's stock and i can't recall the specs, i guess it'd be the same as yours. What is this "SV2" is that the type of esc you have?

oh and as far as cornering it does pretty well but with the aftermarket turnbuckles they seem to not have as much turning radius as the stock ones. I had to lessen the amount of turning (forgot the term) because the dog bones would either lockup in the shafts or pop out completely. It's a problem i haven't resolved yet but at the same time i kind of like how the steering is less sensitve especially for speed runs.