RCU Forums - View Single Post - LIFE battery charging in the plane question
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIFE battery charging in the plane question

example.. I rebuilt a gp cap 580 and ran one 7955 on the rudder.. well the carbon push rod broke on a snap roll and the rudder servo was at full lock with the rudder flopping.. my aurora 9 tx alarmed ( meaning low voltage ) I looked down and sure enough it was 5.1 volts.. this was a fresh off the charger 6v nimh ( 2 of them actually) and with-in 30 seconds the plane was gone out of sight and into the woods.. we pulled the plane out of the tree it was in and check everything.. it had actually pulled so many amps it melted all the silcon off the servo wires and killed the shrink wrap on both backs.. and melted all the connections together.. undid all the batts and switches and pluged in a new batt straight to the rx and everything came back to life..

same thing happened on a 43% edge ( USING HOBBICO LIFE PACKS NOW ) 1 of the 3 rudder servos let go and I got a real mushy rudder ( 2 working servos fighting one locked up servo ).. landed and the servo was smokin like crazy I popped the canopy, reached down and clipped the wires and the plane went back to completely normal.. so I shut everything down and charged the batts they were about 70% drained and hotter than hell but I got my 5500$ plane back in one piece..

they are well worth the money if you fly GS planes