RCU Forums - View Single Post - LIFE battery charging in the plane question
Old 12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
choihjin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIFE battery charging in the plane question

ORIGINAL: raron455

Hello, after all the advice I got on my post for battery help, I was convinced that my ni-mh days are over and it was time to run the life (A123) batteries,,SO I went out and bought a hobbico life 6.6 2100 mah battery. I
Iike the shape of it and mounting it is really easy. I have a hitec x1 charger that can balance charge this life battery, as the one thing I am certain is the battery needs to be balance charged every time, so My charger is more than capable of this, the battery has two connectors that can go into recievers,etc, one large deans connector, and the balance connector,, BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM, once the battery is in the plane,, how the heck do you balance charge it,, I have one of the power switches with the charge port (SEE PIC) I have these switches in all my planes,, so to balance charge the life battery I will have to remove it every time?? this cant be , is there something I am missing? I have searched and am still confused,, any help would be appreciated,
I wish to have a balance charger like this for LiFe, then we can charge LiFe through the balance jack; Hobbyking DC-4S Balance Charger & Cell Checker 30w 2s~4s, which is for LiPo only.