RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Cessna 182 Building
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Etienne 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Cessna 182 Building

So here is the Cessna building. I want to change the location of the servo bay to make for easy access due to the scaleinterierthat I will be installing since I got it with the plane. I cut I opening in the bottom of the front part of fusalage wich will become a opening hatch.Next is to cut out the existing servo tray (wich was installed according to plans and instructions) and reglue it in where I want it. I will reinforce the place where it was cut out with a thinstrip of strongplywood that will sit justunderneeth the dashboard.This way I can make the interier more scale lookingwith the rudder peddal location. I also cut open the back part of tail sectionto make a hatch for access to the control linkages for adjustments if needed. The instructionssaid for it to be glued closed, which is what the previous owner did.This way,if I need to change a servo or adjust a linkage, I can do it at anytime and atthe airfield, if needed,withouttakingout the entire interier and risk it getting damaged. I will post more pics and information as Igo along...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61699.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1830098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76592.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1830099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44120.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	59.5 KB