View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 AM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Eindecker EIII

ORIGINAL: Teus

Nice project [8D]

Looks like a good fun scale concept with scale outlines. I think this design has potentional for the scale flyer that not always want to take his full scale model out to the field but still want to fly scale.

Tues - that is exactly why I am interested in this plane! When I go to a dawn patrol event, it is usually a 2 to 4 day event, sometimes 5 days. With this much time involved, the weather sometimes rears it's ugly head - and who wants to subject his scale project in rough wind or risk getting caught in a down pour.......scale planes usually (for me) take a while to assemble and dissassemble. This model has two wing panels on a wing tube - release a couple of bolts and pull the wings off, slip it in the van or trailor and in 5 minutes you are buttoned up and have protected your model from any quick moving inclimate weather.

And yes the EI is a little smaller in several dimensions, with several suttle differences (I flew an EI in competition for several years), but this kit is of the EIII.

I'll work on getting some wood glued this weekend and post a few pictures.

Rusty, I have a Mick Reeves prop reduction drive that I might use with a G-62 for power.

Abu - I can't be wandering off into the giggle weeds on this project like I do on most of my builds. This is a proto-type kit builld and I have to stick to the plans. Thinking about it, that might be a really good idea!

wphilb - my old 1/3 scale EI that I flew in scale competition weighted 42+ pounds and used a rigid music wire landing gear. I never had any real problems with it. As with any big model, functional gear always enhances how the model handles rough landings, but as Balsa USA has proven over the years with their big pup it certainly isn't a mandatory requirement.