RCU Forums - View Single Post - EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

As quoted from Aussie steve per my PM..

"Overall I think the EME's are a good choice. The engines themself are good performers and they are as well built as anything coming form China. The cranks come from the exact same supplier as the DLE cranks . (The major parts are not interchangeable though)

The other thing they have got right is where most Chinese engines fail. They have learnt from their mistakes on earlier offerings and have rectified them. They also seem to be following up with good support for their distributors.

I have been bench testing the EME 60 and 120 (I haven't got my hands on a 35 yet but will do shortly) that I purchased through a dealer here. He didn't realise it was me getting them and he nearly died when he found out. In his words "If I knew that, I would have gone right through the engine first" - Exactly what I didn't want to happen.

I didn't find any major problems. The inside of the crankcase was clean, the bolts were adequately torqued. The timing was a little more advanced than I like to see (it was 35 degrees) but not terribly so. The carb needles were a little lean (about 1 1/4 turn open) than I like to see from a factory but were probably at about the right spot.

I now have about 2 gallons through the 60 and about 3 through the 120 and they keep getting stronger.

I have also flown a 60 and an MVVS 58 powering identical airframes. (The seller here was also a Flight Models dealer who got some EG MXSR's in) The airframe was the EG MSXR. Both engines were choked by the exhaust as both were using the MT CS65 Canister / flex header in them and neither is optimised for power. However the EME 60 keeps up with the MVVS 58 with ease. Perhaps with optimised exhausts the MVVS would be a little higher in power but not a lot.

I think you are on a winner with this brand.

Steve"

From another thread..........

I have been doing some testing of the current version EME 60 and the EME 120 for a couple of people. This testing is being done on my Dyno (not by XXX prop at YYY RPM but a real dyno that plots torque produced). The EME's do NOT produce more power than the DA's (and no - I am not a DA fanboy by any stretch of the imagination) but they are not far behind.

The EME are currently one of the better value for money products out there (In the size range, DLE remains the current best among the budget choices).
The EME 60 power band is close to a DA 60 (slightly less), the mid range torque curve is only a little behind the 3W 55 and on par with the DA 60 and the general construction is as good as anything seen from China to date.

The EME 120 way overpowers the JC 120 right through the torque curve, it sits close to the DLE 111 in the mid range (slightly higher in the upper end of the mid range) and is slightly less than the DA 120 in the top range.

Would I buy an EME for myself? - no - because I buy no engines from China nowadays.
Would I place them as a reasonable choice for a budget engine? - yes.

KEEP IN MIND. Steve is not affliated with hyping the engines for us. This last paragreaph he posted here before he even knew we weere involved. SO his evaluations are totally unbiased.