RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Fidelity101
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

ORIGINAL: umitv

Mine got pair of os .55 ax and I'm out of all my glow engines. So I have two options 1) convert to electric 2) convert to gas. For gas option I'm thinking dle 20 or mintor 22. Sound is kinda too much for this plane. Is anybody tried it before???
I've decided to go with OS 95v engines since they were cheaper than the OS 81a and only 1oz heavier. There were many comments on this forum about 70s being the max recommended, but I've also heard from people flying that os81s take a lot of runway to get airborne on rough grass. I have a pretty uneven grass field so the extra power won't hurt. Also, if you want to go gas, the Saito 82 is now a gas FG-14. It's the same engine, but configured for gas vs nitro. I would have grabbed these instead if not for the heavy price tag. Maybe in another year they will come down in price a bit?

Also, as for the rs666 retract conversion, are they still $100+ per retract? I've already spent $500 on a single down-n-locked conversion for my Cessna 310 and I can't justify that kind of cost again. Robart will have the same conversion for ~$250, to include a control box. I think the rs666 will be more than the robart conversion once you include three actuators...or am I wrong?

Regarding a conversion to electric engines, there is a guy on rcgroups selling his newly build and never flown b-25 with helicopter electric engines. The engines have a built in fan and he made some mounts for them. If you opt to go electric, he might be able to give you some good pointers as he just completed the build in October 2012.