RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Smith Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM
rhsmrt50

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Don Smith Cessna T-50

....Hi Joe, I am back from my trip to Georgia...........first, the answer to your last question regarding the overall length of this installation is 6.094 inches from firewall to face of prop extension with the OS mount installed..........without the OS mount the distance is 5.50.

.....Joe, I will be glad to supply you with the casted parts that I have made avaliable to our group for the cost of material........the cost of resin to cast one engine is about $18.......which will include the seven cylinders, one crankcase, one gearcase and a cap to cover the prop extension hub when using a static display prop..........the cylinders will have the mounting studs molded into them.......the gearcase will be bolted to the crankcase with 14 SIGPMHB880 brass hex head machine screws plus 7 on the crankcase,7 on the gearcase and 8 on the hub cap....a total of 36 bolts drilled and tapped........they come 12 in a package for $4.79 x 3......I will send photos of theparts to better clarify.

I plan to start casting on 12-26-12 to 12-30-12.......then, I need to get back to work onthe Bobcat.......I did make apromise tothe guys that it will be complete and ready to fly before 'Bomber Field" in September of2013.

Joe, I have a verygood friend who is also with the WACOBrotherhood......he is "Bigbird #70".......he lives about ten miles from me.
......also, I sent parts for my Grimes landing lights to "Supercub Man #56) of the WACOBrotherhood for his Waco ARE........check it out, pg 25, post 606.........He lives in Canada.....

Rich.....