RCU Forums - View Single Post - Txmtr vs. Recvr compatibility?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 07:22 AM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Txmtr vs. Recvr compatibility?

There are several things I would consider in a situation like this. Do I need more features that my old transmitter will provide ? more channels, computer functions for more versatility ? or do I just need to set up another airplane. An aftermarket receiver could be had for 50-60 dollar range (HItec or FMA; by the way, Servo City is a good source for Hitec..good prices and no shipping charges).
A previously used Airtronics 6 channel FM receiver might be found here on RCU..put it in the "WANTED".

If I chose to buy a new system, I would certainly consider the new Airtronics VG6000, a new entry-level 6 channel computer radio with super-simple programming. As the member who also responded mentioned the RD6000/RD8000 systems which will allow the transmitter to be switched to communicate with negative shift receivers; I would consider either of these. The October 2003 issue of Model Airplane News (M.A.N.) has an excellent review of the VG6000 and RD8000.
I have used Airtronics equipment since the mid-80's with excellent results; currently flying a Stylus as well as an Infinity 660. (By the way, I might have a good 92765 FM 6-channel rx for sale if you are interested...I have to take stock of what I have)