RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Fidelity101
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Thank you for the information Mustang. This thread was created back in 2007 and it seems most people have been going with Robart retracts. I wanted to give their new electric retracts a shot, but I have no idea when they're really going to start selling them. The last time I called them, they gave me an estimated shipping date of last Friday. I am sure things are crazy with the holiday, new year, and all of the new rules being implemented for United States companies.

With all of that being said, I would really like to get my hands on a pair of electric retracts so I can start building this monster. Unless I have missed it, and I am only on page 71, I have not seen anyone discuss their experiences with anything other than Robart retracts. I am starting to wonder how difficult it would be to build the plane with fixed gear and later convert to electric retracts?

Also, since other people have discussed using a Gyro that can be turned on and off... I have been giving some thought to using this three axis Gyro in the B 25. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCUCV&P=ML
I plan on using it in my revolver 70 first to see how it handles. In 2-D mode it keeps the wings level when you let go of the sticks. I am not sure how it would react to a sudden yaw shift from a single engine out.