RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Club FOX!

Well many years ago I was at a pattern competition (classic pattern as it is called today, but it was state of the art way back then) a representative from one of the glow fuel companies was there. He was touting their newest  glow fuel product with 100% synthetic oil as being the greatest thing ever to be using, Anyway, he gave me a gallon to try out for myself. A week later I tried the stuff and promptly destroyed three Fox .60 engines trying to get the engines adjusted to run OK. So I gave up on the stuff and another fellow expressed interest in the fuel so I gave him the gallon jug. He promptly destroyed the engines on his two planes he had brought out. He then decided he didn't like the stuff either and gave the jug to someone else, who destroyed his engine. That guy poured the jug out on the ground and threw away the empty container.

Now then I have dabbled with 100% synthetic oil glow fuel many years later and I can successfully get it to work OK in my engines, But I just don't trust the stuff too much though. So I prefer to have some castor oil mixed in with the fuel. That has worked well for me since those early days experiences. nowadays I use a blend of synthetic and castor oil. But in those early years I used all castor oil in my fuel.