RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to 2.4GHz
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Mavrick 15
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 2.4GHz

So i have been out of the hobby for a few years (about 5 years) due to moving, deployments, and just not enough time. But recently I have been trying to get back into it. So one day i walk into my local hobby store and ask for a 5ch receiver and crystal for it, and the clerk looked at me like i had lobsters crawling out of my ears. He then informed me that 72 MHz is a thing of the past, and that the hobby has switched to 2.4 GHz. So i went home and started doing my homework. I like the idea behind the 2.4 system, but being able to tell what brand out there is the leader is a little hard to tell. Currently i have a JR xp6102, which brings me to my question. I’m i able to add a 2.4 module to it or am i better off just buying a whole new radio set? I’ve seen 2.4 modules added to the xp6102 but i am unable to find the product to do so. And if a new radio is the best way, what protocol is the best? I’ve been looking at JR's new XG8 which uses the DMSS, but i don’t know what to compare it too. Any help would be appreciated.