RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 PM
krillin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hey guys.  I just received an e-firestorm flux (newer version) for Christmas.  Not having the best luck with it.  I was testing it out today in the driveway and noticed that it was pretty damn slow compared to the original e-firestorm flux that I had ran in the past.  I am using 2s 4000mah lipo 25C, so was expecting enough power to do mild wheelies.

However, In the end I discovered that reverse is actually stronger than forward.  I checked the motor wires to the ESC and A, B, C wires are hooked up correctly; if I switched A and C's then it would fix the power problem but I know this isn't the way it's supposed to be hooked up.  I am not quite sure what to check next as I am still new to this hobby.  I am a bit annoyed that I am having to fix this out of the box when it should have been done from the get go.  I also noticed that the default transmitter settings make the truck run incorrectly (forward and reverse are mixed as well as steering) Is this a common issue?  I would really like to find out what's wrong but I've gotten to the point where I am almost over this truck and want to return it now.

I apologize for the whining...  I spent the day trying to figure this out but got tired so I went with my family to watch a movie but then dropped my car keys in the theater...then found out that the cleaning crew threw it out in the trash compactor with a bunch of other trash so I had to call a cab and blah blah blah. 

Anyways....  any help with my firestorm issue would be appreciated.  Thanks guys!