RCU Forums - View Single Post - IMAC "BOX" SIZE
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
GM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IMAC

Hello Guys,
I fly primarily F3C, that's helicopters for the guys that don't know. I have read with interest this thread and several others related to the rules of IMAC. I have an interest as I recently purchased a 50CC airplane and planned to try Sportsman this coming year. I did read the rules, ended up totally confused but have friends that fly IMAC and got most of my questions answered, at least enough to go out and practice.
There is VERY little reward for writing rules for anything. I wrote the current rules for AMA helicopters Sportsman, Advanced, and Expert, and in reality got only criticism for all the work I did and NO offers of help or even suggestions to help make it better. I figure IMAC won't be any better about that than F3C , F3A, Senior Pattern, or Ballistic Pattern but since I only compete for fun, the final results are what they are and I just do the best I can. Having competed in many forms of model aviation, the only one I was totally satisfied with the judging was in sailplanes as I was flying against a stopwatch and a tape measure, no subjective judge.
I have competed in F3C and been on the US World Team so have learned to fly to the judges and how to maximize scores so in IMAC I will attempt to do the same thing, figure out what the judges are looking for and give it to them as good as I can. Makes sense to me. Later, after I learn the rules, I might be in a position to offer suggestions for rules changes but only suggestions, no more rules writing for me. I only do this for fun and if I'm not having a good time,..... adios.
I picked up some insight here reading how things are done and will look forward to some events in the SouthEast.
Gordie