RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to 2.4GHz
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New to 2.4GHz

ORIGINAL: Mavrick 15

Well right now I have about 7 models, smallest being my GWS park flyer all the way to a .90 cermark f-16. Would I like more? of coarse I would, but I don’t think I would be flying anything huge for now cause I don’t think my wife would buy off on that. a reliable radio is a must right now because where I live I can see that there is a lot of RF noise because of twitching servos. and I ended up crashing one model this past year because of a major hit that locked me out completely. luckily the plane crashed into a soybean field and it only took about 5 hours to repair all the damage.
in the past i have had both Futaba and JR radios. in general I have never had a problem with JR, however i did have a mechanical problem with a Futaba throttle gimble which happened when i was flying. and for that reason I personally like to stick with JR. JR programming to me is not a big deal. I work on the avionics for F-18E/F for a living, so the programming is kind of right up my ally. I do like the idea of telemetry, but I think that all I would like is battery volts and fuel. and it doesn’t seem like anyone does fuel except for Hitec. yet I thought that would be a big one for most pilots. after all most of us don’t drive our cars with a stopwatch trying to estimate how much fuel is left in the tank.
Mileage computers for cars have been around for years. I just rented a Chevy Spark over Thanksgiving weekend. I could pull up Instantaneous mpg, and distance to next fill up, and etc.. It is Telemetry that is useful.