RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/5 Scale T-34? Sure why not.
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Aesops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 Scale T-34? Sure why not.

Hello members of RCU!

While flying into a local airport I saw an old T-34 sitting off the on the side at an FBO. Since a real t-34 goes for 150K plus (for a nice one) Isaid heck what about an RC one.

Enter Google search :RC T-34. Up pops a bunch of T-34 pictures and kits. One particular onecaught my eye. Top Flite's t-34 kit. Enter Second Google Search : Top Flite T-34. Up pops a few members pictures from here as well as the factory pictures from Top Flite.

So after spending 8 hours (no not all at once !) looking through members threads building their T-34 I decided I wanted to do the same.I clearly wont be able to match the skills of some of the members but it will be fun to try!

Anyway I just got back from the hobby shop. Now I know that this may be a noob move but I figured Id try to follow manufacturers directions. (Look up the word "noob" if youre unfamiliar with it). I brought up the list on my phone in the store of what I needed under "Build and field" items associated with the Top Flight T-34 kit.

Walking around the store with the associate the basket started to get heavy! After about $175 bucks I was all set with what I needed to actually start building. Keep in mind I dont even have the actual airplane yet (On order at the hobby shop).

Supplies.

I will keep this build thread alive with pictures every few days. After all who wants to read a full build thread full of only text!?

Anyway here is a scheme I would like to immitate.

I will have a lot of questions and Im sure some of you will have comments. Ideas and comments are all welcome!

-Aesops-