RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

Went back to look for the P51 today - and we found it! Was out WAY further than we thought - by maybe another 800 ft! And just missed going into the bay by about 75 ft. Plane went in nose first - at 2/3 throttle - and pretty much exploded on impact. No rebuild this time. At least we found it and I'm working on recovering what I can. And I can give it a proper burial. Am just about to clean the engine and test it.

Also pretty sure I found the cause. All channels in the receiver were populated except one - channel 2. Which syncs with my experience - that I lost elevator controls. So I think what happened was that, probably because of the mass of cables needed inside this plane (elevators, ailerons, flaps, retracts, etc) I think when I pushed them into the cavity as I was closing the wing I might have tugged on the elevator cable. But it was still in enough to take off and fly around for two laps, before it pulled out completely. My friend just told me that he tie-wraps all receiver cables together just above the receiver to prevent this - a great idea! Now I'll be doing that to all my planes. Just another expensive lesson.

I tried to post some pics (pretty graphic!) but am getting a server error. Will try again later.

Problem now is - I've got the warbird bug!! One thing I just noticed - a new H9 P51 150 (80") is $649, but a Top Flight P51 (84") on TH is $520 Anyone know why the price difference? Are H9 planes overpriced? Or better quality than Top Flight?

On the other hand, a Rev 90 is cheaper than both. Wonder if I could put retracts on it. I seem to now HAVE a spare set...