RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 AM
RoyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Hey Guys;
Anyone want to buy the R70, Tower is having a after xmas sale to the end of this month on a lot of thing and the R70 is one of them!!
Sorry, I haven't read all of this thread yet, I just want to make a comment on what I am experiencing.
I am slowly working my way into electrics, as glow is becoming too expensive. I have one gasser. I had flown smaller electrics and a few months ago bought a 40 size, Escapade and made it electric. I decided to go one bigger to see if I like that in electric also, and ordered the Revolution 70. Wouldn't you know I ordered last month and paid the full price. I did get enough other stuff to get the $60 discount from Super Saver, however.
I am putting an EMP 5065 on it and using all China ESC and Batteries. I use a Turnigy on my Escapade with good success, and plan on using the less expensive China equipment on all my planes until there is some reason to doubt them. I am a sports flyer and do not need to be precise on Anything, just fly and have fun. If this one works out I may go one step larger and put electric in my 30cc Sbach. Anyway, my only point to all that was to say that we can make our hobby less expensive for ourselves and still have a great time. If you're into contests and precision, I can't comment, but I've found for Sports flyers there are cheaper ways to get into electric and larger airplanes.

As for the Revolver: I have been flying for around 40 years, with some breaks between. I began with sports planes, and after trying the Yaks, Edges, etc, I found that they are fun to fly, but I have no interest in 3D, and I am not disciplined enough to fly pattern, although I like doing the maneuvers.
I started with planes like the SuperSportster, 4star, etc. and I find I still like watching that kind of plane fly. I wanted to go to something that flies like the scale planes, but wasn't specialized for 3D. So I saw the revolver. If it is as good as everyone here says, I'll probably be kicking myself for waiting so long.

I have the plane, and am putting it together, still waiting for the motor, esc, and batteries to come in.
Looking forward to flying my first "big" electric.