RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/5 Scale T-34? Sure why not.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Aesops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/5 Scale T-34? Sure why not.

In terms of skills, I would say not beginner but not intermediate. Somewhere in between. With the trainer I was able to pretty much manhandle it .

I know this isnt realiztic but on the 3D RC simulator at the hobby shop I am able to pretty much pick back up where Ileft off. I have even flown the TF T-34 a few times with the retracts and flaps. She seems to want to balloon/float if too much flaps are applied on base/final approach. Ill probably have to mix some down elevator onto it and keep the power up to keep from stalling but still allow the plane to drop.

Flying in real life has given me some inside on to how larger planes react to inputs. Pitch for speed, power for altitude.

I will most likely dust the trainer off and see if it still works. Fly that for a while while I build the TF. I really like the idea of the 40 ARF T-34 from hanger9. And at only $150 that seems reasonable. Ill just put the engine from the trainer into the hanger 9 t-34. Its an old OS .40 2 stroke. Should work.

Whats everyones preference on Transmitters nowadays? I have an old Futaba 4Ch. I have been looking at the Spektrum 6 channel they have at the hobby shop. Anyone have good luck with these?

ORIGINAL: abufletcher

ORIGINAL: Aesops
I once built a trainer with my father when I was 10. It was a size .40 or whatever that size is nowadays.
Where are you in terms of your RC flying skills? If you haven't flown anything besides that trainer (when you were 10) then you might want to start accruing some flight time on a low-wing ARF while you're building your T34.

You could even get an ARF of the T34:

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN4325