RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newb needs help with tornado s30
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Mikeydank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb needs help with tornado s30

Just got my first Nitro buggy, the tornado s30 obviously, finally got my fuel in yesterday so I went to the garage to start the break in process on the engine. Got it primed and started on like 8 pulls. The tires were spinning pretty good at idle so I went to turn the idle screw (it doesn't say but my guess was to the left to decrease the tire speed). Well after about a turn and a half I realized I was turning the HSN like an idiot, so I attempted to get it back to where it was at and mess with the idle screw. The engine started revving pretty high and the wheels were spinning faster and faster so I pinched the gas line and killed it. After about 45 mins of turning screws, trying things, and epicly failing, I've decided to come to the people who know best. I guess what I'm asking for is a good starting point with the HSN and idle screw. Say if I were to screw them all the way in how many full turns out for each one to get to a good base ground. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this.