RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why don't many people build RC kits any more, Part Deux
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Why don't many people build RC kits any more, Part Deux

With all due respect to Overbuild , there ARE still plenty of kits to be had , they're just not down at the local hobby shop sitting on shelves for handy pickup anymore . As mentioned already in the closed predecessor thread to this one , there are literally dozens of kit cutters still in operation , provided ya don't mind buying on line . I agree and am like most in that I like to see and examine a product before I hand over cash , but with the LHS's on the decline and on line shopping taking over , it's a lucky soul indeed who has even one LHS , and here in southeast Massachusetts I'm blessed with 3 really good ones . In fact , my most recent kit built , a House of Balsa 1/2A Stealth Sport , came from my LHS known as Hanson Hobby . I had one of those Thunder Tiger TT.07 engines hanging around and decided a purple headed engine needed a purple plane to go with the look . If you ever get a chance to build a kit from House of Balsa you won't be disappointed [8D]

Do a search on kit makers , you will find more than any builder could build in a lifetime [8D]