View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

I hear people say that Traxxas models need to be heavily upgraded to be durable a lot, thing is there are more upgrades for Traxxas vehicles than any other brand so if you break something and you own a Traxxas you are more likely to upgrade that broken part and what do you know, the truck becomes more durable. I think it's a bit of a myth that you have to spend a fortune on upgrades just to get them to run, sure they have their weak points (most stuff does) but it's just not as bad as some people make out. If people were more specific about what in their opinion needed to be upgraded I would listen (by needed I mean if the part isn't upgraded it will break every five minutes under fairly normal driving conditions) but blanket statements like ''they need to be upgraded to be durable'' don't really mean much to me.
The a arms are weak, minor jumping and broken. The steering and suspension bars will bend so easily. The gearing is light weight plastic and strips easily. The con rod is weak and breaks in the engine. I even had a wheel break after a minor jump. Shock tops will blow right off if you try and jump a little. What else should I describe for you?
So is this on every Traxxas model? By gearing I assume you mean the gears in the transmission? I've never heard of anyone stripping tranny gears. The arms aren't that bad, they break if you're crashing all the time but "minor jumps"... yeah right. Shock caps can be an issue on SOME models but I've never blown a shock cap in any of my trucks, I also think it would take a decent jump or crash landing on one wheel to pop a shock cap. Traxxas wheels might be known for having their own bead style and that one of a kind hex but once again I've never heard of anyone breaking a wheel, especially after a "minor jump", I think you might have to chalk that one up as bad luck, just curious, but do you bash in the cold? you seem to break mainly plastic parts. The con rod, in fact the 3.3 on a whole is a bit of a dud, congrats on finding a common weak spot with their trucks but I still think it's all a bit of a beat up.

You don't have to describe anything for me just so you know, I just think blanket statements are often misleading and over exaggerated. If you feel the need to explain yourself that is up to you.