RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why don't many people build RC kits any more, Part Deux
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Why don't many people build RC kits any more, Part Deux

Let me get this right. He starts the thread again and specifically says that arfs are evil. And you dont see that as the issue of causing the arguments? Thats exactly what the fuss is about, that attitude and I will always rebut it.

You can ban me whatever, your are simply taking sides and allowing one group to bash another, and supressing another group from responding.

ORIGINAL: RCKen

When I close a thread down I do so for very good reasons. I don't do it on a whim and I don't do it just because I was in a funky mood. There are a variety of reasons why I close down a thread, but you can rest assured that a lot of thought goes into to the decision to close a thread. In most cases a thread is closed because I feel that the members have no intentions of abiding by the rules of RCU and playing nicely. That was the case when I closed down the original thread on this subject. If one or two members of a thread are causing problems I will normally deal with those members and not punish the entire thread. But in this case there were so many people involved with the thread being dragged down the easiest course of action was to close the entire thread.

Normally when I do shut down a thread I don't allow members to restart the thread, for whatever reason. In most cases like this I would simply close down any additional threads started back up. However, in this case I'm going to give this subject one more chance as I think it's a subject to be discusses. But, I'm going to put out a warning here and now, and I would suggest that all those that this affects to heed my warning this time as I am not going to be playing any games.

For those that were causing all the problems that got the first thread shut down (and you know who you are), I would suggest that you refrain from participating in this thread.... period. You have already proven that you can't discuss the issue at hand without resorting attacking those that you don't agree with. On the other hand if you do choose to participate in this discussion I would suggest that you make sure you follow all of RCU's rules. Because if I see any more of the immature childish crap I saw in the last thread you will be placed on Moderated Status and will stay there for a very long time!! Plain and simple. If you can't abide by RCU's rules you will be put into a status where we can watch what you do and say on our forums. I'm tired of seeing the actions of a few that can't seem to work and play well with others spoil a thread for everybody else on RCU. It's your choice about how we proceed from here on out, but please do not think that I won't do what I say here.

For everybody else that wants to discuss this issue, I apologize that I have to make statements like this in public. But unfortunately there are a few here that think they are above the rules and can do whatever they want.

Ken