RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant P-47 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM
RWHorton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite Giant P-47 Build

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Like to here some thoughts on this..

From what I here, hooking up the linkage is a PITA on the flaps and I can see why.. Trying to get it all right on a servo that is mounted to a hatch, just seems like it will suck..

What if i mounted a low profile servo on rails in the wing and just use the hatch as access? I know the servo I have pictured is a retract servo which is no good, just using it for the height.. I know I can get low profile digital so I can program them.. I set one in and it looks like it will work fine, I think it would be pretty easy hooking up the linkage to a servo that is hard mounted and getting it programed right.. I am running a smart fly and plan on plugging into one port with no ''Y'''s. Just gonna be a programming thing to get the end points right and travel adjustments as well as the speed, like setting up twin elv. servos..
Am I missing something here, or do you think it is a good idea??

Jimbo
I didn't much like the mounting of the servos on the plywood covers, I even went throught the whole process but then decided on this aproach. Makes it easy to adjust the servos and adds a bit of security.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50061.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1836049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91941.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1836050