RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glueing Coro
Thread: Glueing Coro
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 03:07 AM
rchawaii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glueing Coro

This how I've been doin it since I started. First make sure you have fresh CA. HandiBond PLASTIC CA (found at http://handibond.com ) I the best I've used.

I locate the area to be glued. Lets say the area is the wing fold area where the rons may be installed seperately. Lets say the rons are 13" long and 2" chordwise. I overlap the ron about 5 flutes to the coro on the wing overlaps. I sand all areas needing glue with about 120 grit sandpaper. (The grits not that crucial, as long as it's rough).

I then wipe the sanded area off with a clean cotton cloth. (Terri hand towel if you really need to know )

I then place a dot of about a 1/4 inch of CA about every inch or so, in some cases every half inch apart the whole length of the area to be glued. If you use (in most cases) a continous bead of ca, it tends NOT to cure as quick and the dot method seems plenty strong enough.

Then, I place (in this example) the ron in place CAREFULLY and QUICKLY, making sure it's exactly where I want it. I then hold this together (I do it by hand) for about 30 seconds or less in almost all cases. If there's alot of pulling pressure on the area, I weight it down, or clamp it for as long as I can to ensure it's not coming apart.

I have never had a join fail using this method of coro to coro bonding. Hope this helps some.