RCU Forums - View Single Post - Katana 50 by Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Katana 50 by Hangar 9

Okay, we're cooking now.

After myriad interruptions all day, I finally got the cowl fitted. Still got to locate and install the third line fueler, but everything else- throttle linkage, tank plumbing, line routing, tank installation, etc.- on the front end is done.

You see a 2.25" Tru-Turn spinner backplate. It was my intention to use that spinner, but a 2" looks much better and more "scale", so I ordered a couple of those today. All you need to do at this point is have a back plate to set the cowl location anyway, so no biggee.

Be advised that the cowl is built like everything else on this model... uber-light. Its not exactly flimsy, but be darned careful when handling it. I cracked it slightly, on the back edge between the mounting bolt holes, while cutting the bottom out. Easily fixed with a Sig Easy-Hinge patch, especially since I was going to do that to the bolt holes anyway.

Just be aware.

I am very annoyed at the needle valve opening. I measured that sucker three times, and STILL missed it. So I had to enlarge the hole to make it look halfway decent.

I hate fitting cowls; that's why I do it first, to get it out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32654.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1836872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21121.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1836873