RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caldrea 10E steering servo
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
jroptop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caldrea 10E steering servo

I did purchase a hexfly 15kg metal gear servo after having issues with finding a steering horn that worked with it,and I didnt notice much difference,are the MG996R any better?Thanks for the response once again!
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

tight ball ends do happen, and if you watch URC's review youll see how he dealt with it.

I have installed MG996R servos in most of my redcat models....tho I still have the stock servo in my tornado exp pro and its lasted a very long time.

The MG996r is metal geared and has mroe torque. I use it in nearly all brand rcs I have. I buy it from hobbypartz when they have them in stock. Other times Ill buy 3-4 at a time off ebay...where they ship from hong kong. But at less than $10 per servo its a sweet deal even tho you have to wait 2-3 weeks for them to arrive.

So consider upgrading the servo...but look for any points in the steering system that may not turn freely. This is best done by disconnecting the steering servo arm and then moving the wheels side to side. If it doesnt move completly free, then made adjustments to the rod ends with a body hold reamer or simillar tool until they do.