RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed

I saw that thread, Alan, that's the advice I mentioned in my first post. But as you say, you haven't tried this so you don't know if it works. You're taking the word of "#6" who is the only one who's said that it works. Well it's ONE guy, and I'm not sure I believe him, because.....

As I said, I HAVE the 0005 cable w/the LiFe battery attached (and fully charged). And I tried EVERY combination of steps possible re. connecting all the cables and connecting the plane's battery; i.e. plug stereo jack into training port, then connect to AnyLink, then connect plane battery, then turn on the Tx power switch (as nothing happened when the switch was off, even though the LCD comes alive as expected).

Then I'd try attaching the cable to AnyLink first, THEN the training jack....and trying this with the plane battery already attached, and then trying it where I connect the plane's batt after the Tx stuff is active.

NOTHING WORKS!!

I know the plane & AnyLink module work, as everything is perfect when I do this with an old Futaba FM radio (and the order of connections doesn't matter one bit). And I know my radio's training port is fine, as I buddy box with it all the time!! Also, it should be noted that the 'stereo plug' on the 0005 is not actually stereo; it's only one 'channel' (metal/insulating band/metal), where the Hitec training cord has two channels (metal/insulating band/metal/insulating bang/metal)...but the overall lengths ARE the same.

There are 3 options here; 1) the 0005 cable is defective (not the battery/power lead, though as the AnyLink does power up fine). 2) The guy in 'Post # 6' is dead wrong or lying & the Eclipse Pro 7 just doesn't work w/AnyLink. Or 3) I need to adjust some menu setting and/or one of the many switches on the Tx in a particular way in order to make it work.

That's why I really want/need a manufacturer and/or someone who can say "I did this, and this is how I did it" to chime in. Or try it yourself, Alan, and tell me what happens.

Thanks.