RCU Forums - View Single Post - REMOTE FUEL FILL VALVE
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
TPL33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REMOTE FUEL FILL VALVE

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

Thanks GB.

Nope fueling valves or third lines are never needed and two line fueling is particularly effortless. I have something over fifty plug and play aircraft and the vast majority are glow with a few gassers up to 50cc and even a few controlline all are simple two line fuel systems. Many are cowled.

Here are shots on how its done on just two of them. There are many vairiations but can give no specifics on exact ideals untill you post what type engine and what is the mounting orientation (vertical, horizontal or inverted). For example the blue Corsair is a two stroke mounted horizontal the muffler is on the bottom there is no need to unplug the vent tube it will drip from the exhaust outlet immediately.

The biggest argument I hear every single time is I don,t want to cut my pretty cowl and of course I recite the five golden rules for cowled installations:

1. Let enough air in that front hole.

2. let even more air out that bottom hole

3. Provide a main needle extention fully outside the cowl and without using some custom tool.

4. Provide another hole for the low range needle so a tool can access without removing or fighting the cowl.

5. Provide a loop of the carb line out and back in the cowl that you can fuel from an practice pinch tunning (for two stroke learning pinch tuning will be an invaluable asset).

Failure to use the golden five can and will shorten the lifespan of your airplanes.

John
John....The plane I'm going to build is a Hangar 9 RV8, the engine is a SAITO 72 AAC. The engine will be mounted horizontally with the valve covers toward theleft as you're looking at the front of the plane.