RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
>moto<

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hi RC,

Thanks for the response. Looking at it more I've decided to ditch the Scorch wheels as the overall diameter is a bit small with street tires so I now looking at getting some 2.8's. I'll take your advice and get some Prolines for them, thinking about Road Rage II's. When you say "30 series units" what do you mean....wheel type? Forgive my ignorance, I'm very new to all this

I did look at at a higher Kv motor but was concerened about heat in the battery packs and ESC...though I'd only be doing a couple of runs to amuse myself with the speed of such a little car! I'm not even sure it will pull that gearing to be honest, but you gotta start somewere and pinions are cheap.

Deans plugs have been ordered for the battery pack thanks.

I have also had an idea regarding aerodynamics to help prevent lift. I'll weight the front but I was also thinking of cutting the stock springs to lower the ride height as low as I'll get away with. I could also make a front 'splitter' to mount where the front bumper would normally sit and also increase the size of the rear wing, both should give me more downforce and stability.

Just ran the speed calcs with 25/87 gearing and it's still good for a theoretical 80mph if I use a 4600Kv motor and the big tyres. Might try that first, save me having to mess with different spur gears from the start.

Cheers again for your input

EDIT: 30 series is the rubber type...lol!