RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Mig-29 OVT Single with S-bus Build
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Mig-29 OVT Single with S-bus Build

I looked at the Robbe units very closely. Bart, I think I asked you a bunch of questions last year. Thanks! Part of the beauty of sbus is less complexity. My bobcat has 8 servos on one pack, no problems. The big plane 3D crowd (who uses much more juice than we do) is running 10-12 servos on one pack, that I wouldn't do. This plane has 4 power sources going to individual hubs. So one 6v regulated power source for each 3-4 servos.

The robbe one I looked at was slick, but I have 4 additional servos for the OVT, and I would still have to run another set of lines to the back for it.

I did a ton of homework, talked to futaba, I'm comfortable with this set up. I have always been puzzled why the jet crowd goes crazy with powerboxes and the like when we aren't drawing anywhere near as much power as some of the other disciplines.

This regulator goes to three separate hubs in the back, and there is one up front dedicated to the rx, steering servo(which gets shut off once the gear is up) and two electronic valves.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32489.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1839206