RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW KMP TWIN - Adam Aircraft A500
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP TWIN - Adam Aircraft A500

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas
Mmmm, its the outer portion of the booms I have a problem with... I masked off the areas where's you're supposed to drill holes for a locating dowel and the whole surrounding areas just collapsed [:@]
Have no got that far with mine but understand exactly what you're saying. That may not be the only area you'll experience that problem.. just sayin..

Also take a good look at the drilled out points for hinges.. Had a flap or two and aileron, maybe both, can't recall.. in which the holes were off center or didnt line up with the part to be mated. Additionally, the wood blocks that are supposed to hold the hinge in place... some of those were drilled off to the side of the blocks so the hinge had no bit, in other words it was only half a hole. I did fix that stuff by filling and re-drilling etc.. then glassed the crappy trailing edge, it'll work now, but just one of many things on a long list. Granted, I got one of the first off the ship, those following were likely not built any different. I'll get mine done someday... far too cool a plane to give up on.. last I spoke with KMP about it, I think only 24 shipped, not sure how many sold. Also, on hinges you should add some carbon tube or such into the mounting blocks, I seriously doubt the wood is strong enough to support the hinge just glued or epoxied in. (KMP also suggested that and sent me some small cut tubes, but they were too large in diameter). Am hoping that having re-glassed those areas, they be strong enough without needing the extra support. Also had to rebuild or buildup the servo hatches some of the servo bays, those were really weak!