RCU Forums - View Single Post - EDF Kits suitable for turbines
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: EDF Kits suitable for turbines

ORIGINAL: corndog2

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

In my opinion most cheap china GF kits turn out too heavy. Sure they do fly, but not in a relaxing way. When buying a turbine in this class costing atleast $1900 you should really choose an airframe with care too. It's not the money but rather getting a plane that flies good without bad habits and that are not under powerd. I think you are way better of with any of the 90mm foamies then the GF kits unless spending enough to buy a Savex or even better a Schübeler.

Compare my video of the Venom with the Mig15 just posted above. Lighter more powerful turbine vs heavier and less power. These pretty much represent the two opposite ends of the scale.

Again, this is how I think and others have diffrent preferences.
Most of the flight of the HK Mig 15 posted above was at just over half throttle and I can assure you that it flys an absolute dream
Half throttle of these turbines are about 1/3 of the maximum thrust. In that case it does well. Still I think those airframes are to heavy.

Compared with a Schübelrer Hawk. Again I think the Hawk has plenty of power while the Mig is a bit slow, but I'm sure both do fly with no problems.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veUpBsrwECo[/youtube]