RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Hobbsy,  Avial markets one that does all yours does but also has a provision to measure lenght as well.  Both Aviall and US tools have these displayed on the website.  The Snap On one is expensive (here in OZ) so I only have the ones provided by a generous employer or two.  I also use the TOOL Yard as another source of hard to get, nice to have tools and don't forget good old Tower Hobbies, some of their stuff is good for padding out the order to get reduced freight.
I have acquired a number of fastener measuring guages and devices, even one that translates the bolt dimension from the bolt being "scanned" to the correct dimensional size on a plan / drawing on a computer screen.  Very Mickey Mouse.  
For those looking for these "old fashioned" tools check around the "second hand" shops at your local airport.  The ones that sell parts etc and yes even the a/c wreckers yards.  I have obtained some gems in Tuscon like the tool P&W made so you could adjust the valves on the 1830 while it was running (yes runnning but only at idle).  There is one on the P$W museum in Canada or Maine (I think).  Worked well on Ford V8's.  The last one of those I saw was at Tan Son Nhat when I was at the engineering base in 99.  The bloody Pratt rep grabbed it quicker than me but oh well hopefully it went to a good home