RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Radio Technology ????? HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: New Radio Technology ????? HELP!

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

I agree, I really don't care of what others fly and it is good that we have the many choices we do. Even now we have other radio competition and that helps to regulate the price some which is another big plus. I do grow tired of the bashers that blame radios for other problems because they don't know how to find out what really happened.

The radio is always easy to blame, especially the so-called ''lock out.'' The nice side of that is many of us get great bargains buying the ''troublesome'' radio they had and we get years of trouble free service.
After I posted that I felt sometimes the new electronics and programing made some get sloppy with their setups I had to give my own head a shake. Prior to the 2.4 era I remember all of the considerations that went into planning a trouble free gas model especially thinking back to the old ignition systems. When 2.4 first came onto the market and some teething problems came to light caused me to pause before jumping on the band wagon. When I did finally take up 2.4 I still used my old 72 system to set up and make sure I was interference free then replaced the 72 receiver with the 2.4 for flying. This was my way of making sure I wasn’t just using the 2.4 to mask problems. I now no longer own any 72 equipment and directly install the 2.4 system. I still practice what I consider good installation techniques but you could argue till the cows come home whether it is laziness or confidence in the new system that no longer has me checking my setup with a more vulnerable radio system. Two pilots I know of still check their setup with the old system before installing their state of the art 2.4 and they both fly versions of the Spectrum/JR without ever suffering a so called brown out. From the beginning they have always flown 5 cell or LiFe receiver packs as well.

I personally think installation techniques, pilot error and poor maintenance and/or less than stellar vigilance causes 99 % of any problems we suffer with our radios and models.
Dennis