Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nitro vs Electric

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: Foxy

You're right, I edited my original post, 'dying' is indeed the wrong word, I'd like to swap that for 'receding'.

no it is not....the turnouts this year are coming back strong...many more nitro racers out there then electric.......and that trend will never change...nitro is just far more interesting to people,.....
Coming back from what? The caning they have taken at the hands of brushless evolution, yeh, maybe...but still, there are a lot LESS nitro folks around now than there were two years ago, less still than there were 4 years ago, and less still than 6 years ago. I call that a trend.

Believe it or not, what happens at tracks is not representative of the hobby in general.

Go to traxxas and count the electric models, now count the nitro models. You telling me traxxas are stupid and should be focusing on nitro race cars? They know the market better than anybody. Now, if you'd done the same comparison 5 years ago, you think there would be more nitro or electric cars? I can tell you it was about even. HPI the same.

We must try not to apply our niche or corner of the world to the entire hobby.

nitro sales now are just as good as ever......I am selling more engines then I ever have......and so are the factories ......... nitro is not dyeing by any means LOL.....

However electric is bringing more people into the hobby...which then exposes them to the more interesting nitro in the long run

Traxass Nitro sucked...thank god they are moving away from nitro, their engines and nitro products gave nitro a bad name !

and how do you know what traxass sells ? do you own a hobby store and deal with the distributors ? I certainly do !

for novices getting into the hobby electric is better IMO,which is good for Traxass as their products are meant for novices...

in the end your biased against nitro... makes me wish we could meet at a track, as I guarantee one day at the track with me and your electrics wouldn't seem nearly as impressive as you think they are...

At the end of the day nitro is not going anywhere..if anything the electric class will become the feeder class for the nitro..........electric is great for getting guys into the hobby, nitro is great for keeping them in the hobby.......

Nitro sales are up because the hobby is growing rapidly again (largely thanks to the brushless revolution)

Traxxas nitro may have sucked, that isn't the point. Traxxas aren't there to do anything but make money. They sell what 'sells'. If nitro was on the rise, traxxas would be developing more nitro vehicles. Funny you continue to think that because you are on the commercial end of things you know better than others, again it might surprise you to find that the opposite is the case.

Electric is not for novices at all, nitro is. You seen a novice electric car? Brushed motor and nimh battery, mmmm, the cars most likely to put someone off the hobby forever.

Sigh..... I'm NOT biased against nitro, I just believe that electric technology has surpassed it in many ways.

Nitro isn't going anywhere...in how long? 10 years? 100 years?

As someone who makes and sells nitro engines I would suggest you are not completely objective.