RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben Elefant upgrade now available!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooben Elefant upgrade now available!

Hey guys, just thought I'd leteveryone know aboutsome new upgrade parts/service available to us. His name is Carl Steckler(http://www.radiocontrolcustomtanks.com/M-48.html) he's been doing some custom work on my Elefant(servo recoil,etc), anyways we found that the factory hooben set-up for the gun traverse is very weak and the plastic cam forthe cut-off switchesthat alsoconnects the traverse gearbox to the gun is prone to disintegration, so after much trial and error Carl has managed to reproduce the cam in metal which should eliminate that problem once and for all. As far as I know hewill be offering these for sale to anybody that's interested,.Also I believe he's looking at also offering his version ofa metal plate to replace the plastic gun deck to add some extrastrength. The guy doesexcellent work at very reasonable prices, andseems to be able to even design and build custom parts on an "as need" basis....I highly suggest you check it out...will post some pics as soon as he sends me someIn a formatI can upload..