RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hey Kite...........to true......I am very fortunate to have Lisa- Marie who enjoys the filming......I reckon I enjoy re watching the videos as much as I enjoy each actual session.
Often, when we have a social at home, I set the videos up on my big screen - let them play one after the other - the music is good and my mates just love watching Bro rip........LOL
Almost 2 hrs of background STOKE !........

That said.......I 'do to' enjoy all your and every one else s footage and photos you share.......it all great !........I reckon I have watched just about every ******** video on YouTube.

With regards to the Go Pro Pivot mount........watching some of the video's - the thing is as the board steers away from the wave face, even ever so slightly, you lose the 'down the line view.
If you set the Go Pro up to steer (slightly) 'opposite' to the boards turning direction, you should have a far better 'surfers' view of the overall ride.

To set that up you could simply run a rigid rod from the external steering arm to the camera's pivot mount steering arm - OR - you could run a 'Y' lead from the RX steering port ( one for steering - one for the camera mount) then run a second servo, that can rotate the Go Pro camera, as you actuate the steering.

It will work really cool - as you cut back .you will get a better view of whats building down the line, rather than whats on the beach and when you head up to the lip, you will get a view of whats beneath you. rather than the blue sky............

The ideal would be filming in sincronized time - one camera on the beach and a purpose built Go Pro board - with a camera Forward and and a camera Aft - if you are an editing junkie - you could have a blast........that would capture some insane footage..............slap that together with a few sweet soundtracks of your choice and you can have some very entertaining music ******** DVD's of your very own that will be sure to keep the conversation going at a party !

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !