RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bambucopter Clones
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bambucopter Clones

My Mystery A1504-18 motors arrived from GLB and they are tiny! I also received my Multistar 10-amp ESCs from HK. I have learned to order a spare when buying the less expensive components from China so I bought 5 of each. Both orders took about 2 weeks to arrive using standard Air Mail.

The [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27135__Turnigy_Multistar_ESC_Programming_Card.ht ml] Turnigy Multistar ESC Programming Card[/link] was out of stock at the time and is still out of stock. To my dismay, not only is the default Acceleration set to Medium instead of Fast for Multi-rotors, it cannot be reprogrammed without the card. According to the manual, only a subset of the programmable settings can be programmed via the transmitter sticks. It is unfortunate that these ESCs are targeted for the MRC market but do not come configured properly for that application.

Fortunately, I have plenty of Blue Series 12-amp ESCs so when my flashing tool arrives, I can get them flashed with SimonK and continue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47239.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1840527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67460.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1840528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82655.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	52.2 KB