RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben Elefant upgrade now available!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hooben Elefant upgrade now available!

Id give Carl a call and see if he can rebuild yours like he did mine..probably much easier now that he's familiar with the Elefant lol..

ORIGINAL: Martellus

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

I think the problem comes from the fact that the cam is designed more for the plastic gun barrel, but when you add the weight of the metal barrel upgrade and also considering how longthe barrelis, the plastic cam just cant handle the forces envolved. I also concur with Joe(Yellowshaker) that the factory Hooben elevation/traverse/recoil gearboxes are garbage(even the replacement ones I received were bad lol),so wewent with a new cut-off switches on the Tamiya traverse motor Joe had alreadyinstalled as well as a Tamiya elevation unit,followedup by acustom servo/servo control boardrecoil set-up which has a much more realistic action as compared to the Hooben offering....As for the gun deck I think I recall Carl saying that he was going to design it a bit differently then the ETO version(which I have and like very much), so as to allow for more modifications of the gun mechanisms,lighter weight, things like that. Not that it would be any better then ETO's just different..

p.s. To any Elefant owners: If you decide to ship or travel withyour Elefant,I highly suggest you use the travel lock that comes in the kit..... it not only looks good but in this paticular case, mightactuallybe a necessary piece of equipment to prevent unecessary damage to the fragilegun mechanisms..

The arms and other parts of mine were broken apart/disentigrating by the time I got them