RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

I finally got to start my used FA-91SGK.  It starts and runs like a jewel and the sound is great.  Although, that muffler looks like a plumbing fixture.  I could use a little extra RPM so, it looks like I'll be picking up a Turbo-Header soon.  I haven't checked the peak RPM on it yet because it got dark before I thought about it.  The 13x8 prop was running at a pretty good clip and I expect it to tach high.  I may want to try a deeper pitch but, won't be able to tell until I fly it and see how she performs.
This engine is mounted inverted on a World Models Intruder 90R that I plan to use in SPA competitions.  We  established the "SPA West" division last year and had a great turnout at almost all of the events held west of the Mississippi.  The SPA West "Ft. Worth Open" was flown at my home field this year ....The Ft. Worth Thunderbirds facility on Benbrook Lake. 
The Intruder is a good flying plane and is capable of winning contests as has been demonstrated several times in SPA contests.  I'm looking forward to a great season with this plane and the outstanding engine mounted on it.

RJ