RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hi surfkiwi

The radio waves vid is a great starting point. Mainly focuses on the origi Kyosho foam type board but the info is good as is the wave riding.

Kyosho also made a 'Lisa" which was copied as the NQD or possibly the Venom Bondi girl. If it has steel hold down nuts within the hull to screw down the deck its NQD, the Kyosho has non-corrosive nuts. (lots of regular grease applied to the steel nuts does stop most corrosion but)

The origi Kyosh needs the tail rocker flattened to get it better but the NQD has a flatter tail (much better) but it leaks big time so you have to seal the joins of the hull much better. Both decks need stiffening and better seals. Water intrusion is the major trip... hull and electronics wise... and the center of gravity point being way back doesn't help when getting some speed.... the lisa doll is rather woefull too.
The electronics motors and batts have come a long way recently so there is some time to be spent sorting that out as well.

Remember this is just my opinion...i've only ever had these little boards and even though i've modified them extensively and enjoy themlots theydo havelimited potential.... espec being so small its hard to see em out the backas well.
This forum ismore about where its going. The next step for me will be to build my own bigger model like is seen and talked about most... eventually.. i did say eventually... rc persuits are so time consuming and btw you should have bought two, i doubt your son will get much play time once you start lol.

All the best enjoy the addiction..... bearcave