RCU Forums - View Single Post - A4 Skyhawk build
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
kiwijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A4 Skyhawk build

Hi Guys,

All set to test fly last Sunday and it blew like.....[&o] never mind public holiday here next Monday so planning on test flight then! good old NZ summer

Here in New Zealand we have a requirement to register/certify our aircraft if they weigh between 15 & 25kg and special CAA approval for over 25kg. Part of the certification requires listing certain specs including wing area which is a figure I could'nt find published anywhere so for those interested the SM A4 comes out at around 1250 sq in (79.80 sq dm) and with my aircraft tipping the scales at 16.90kg gives a wing loading of approx 69 ozs/sq.ft (212 g/sq.dm).....a figure probably not wanting to think about to much

Anyone else that's built an A4 care to share your finished weight? the 16.90kg for mine is dry and I would be keen to know what the total fuel capacity is with the 2x side conformal tanks and the smaller rectangle shaped tank under the intake ducting, another figure I could'nt find listed in any specs...anyone know the tank capacities?

Some may notice the Kangaroo roundals have now been repainted with Kiwi's making it now officially an RNZAF aircraft!

Cheers.........Rene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66728.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1841007