RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Michael211

@Chad, yeah that explains alot then. (groan!)

@PlaneKrazy214, that fuse looks *excellant* but assuming (and I believe I read earlier on in the posts) that you have painted the monocote covering... what's going to happen to the paint when the covering decides to change shape (ie. wrinkles, especially when exposed to warmer weather/direct sunlight) and needs to be re-shrunk? It's been my experience that these iron-on film coverings need to be re-shrunk periodically for a year or so at least before the covering finally stabilizes and quits acting-up everytime the temps change. What's going to happen to the paint on the covering when you have to re-shrink the covering to get it tight again?

I'd love to pull out my airbrush get some correctly colored paints and fix the color scheme on mine, but am concerned it may not work well in the long run... any thoughts ya'll?

ps. I just finished searching Google Images for ''Corsair 29'' and it came up with quite a lot of interesting pics of Corsairs (not all were marked 29 on the fuse... but all were interesting to look at). Try it!

- Michael

Actually, paint holds up very well on film coverings. All the ESM warbirds are have painted film on the wings and even if it does Need a tightening, it's no big deal. I have two other TF warbirds that I've painted over the covering and it takes re shrinking very well. Just make sure to do a really good job of tightening and attaching the covering before hitting it with paint.