RCU Forums - View Single Post - Am i Jinxed or what? Crash-a-day
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:59 AM
ranchpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am i Jinxed or what? Crash-a-day

I think i may be in the wrong hobby. I have yet to have a day of crash free flying and i've only been 5 times. LOL

the first two times it was my instructor who crashed it. Both were dead sticks cause of a finicky engine. He's INCREDIBLE and if he had had more than 20' of air he would have glided back but they were too low for much other than a landing in the weeds. Those crashes broke a motor mount, tore some monokote, etc. Very minor.

During my buddy box landings i scraped a few wingtips trying to turn to fast on the ground... lol No biggee either. Then i had another dead stick... that nosed over in the grass ... breaking props is my speciality.. lol

Then the 4th day i was doing my first solo and forgot to pull out the TX antenae... well you know what happened. End of runway, full throttle, 10' nose dive.

But today really sucked. I was flying alone and had a great first flight. Noticed a little flutter... landed and noticed that 5 out of 6 elevator hinges were broken ... couldn't believe i made it back in one piece. Was wondering why i had to trim it to extremes to get it to fly straight.. lol After some repairs i took it up again and made a low pass and took it around again for slower landing and on the final turn the whole plane stopped controlling. Uhhhhhhh.... was so sad. I didn't panic, i just kept holding up elevator but nothing moved. Was so sad to watch that big .60 trainer turn and dive almost straight in the ground. Like one of those diving birds that catch fish... It was so anti-climatic. Just a pop sound and all was quiet.

Still ahve no idea why it did it. thought battery had died.. but plenty of juice in TX/RX all servo's working etc. I am baffled.

Well i am Ordering a new trainer from Tower and we'll give it another go-round. Maybe i can get a crash-free day soon