RCU Forums - View Single Post - Forum Manners
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Forum Manners

ORIGINAL: big JC

Maybe so, but this is not the work place, and we are not ineracting in person. I for one appreciate humor, sarcasm, clever jabs, and being called out for being a dumb*****. It's what makes for a rich forum, and brings out the true character of it's members.I have many intersts and belong to several forums. It seems to me the forums that offer the most value are the one's that are least regulated. Editing and removing a members post does not allow one to fully evaluate the validy of a members advice.
sadly those 2 are not very easy to communicate over the net, and sometimes hard even in person depending on the individual.
Few weeks back I said something jokingly to a co-worker and got reported to a supervisor... it wasn't directed at her, and everyone else I said it to started laughing immediately except the one... It wasn't nothing bad, and honestly something idiotic to get reported over. Just the worker didn't catch it, and took it personally...

Sarcasm is worst in type as you can't judge the tone of the voice or facial movements to tell. Remember at my 1st job I submitted a resignation letter that was so sarcastic(I mean it was oozing with it) my co-workers thought the boss would slap me across the face upon reading it. Instead she took it sincerely, and almost started crying... Will say the reaction while not what I was looking for gave me a gigantic laugh after my boss walked out due to the look of the ppl I was working with as they were so dumbfounded(and shocked I could keep a straight face)

I've said it before and I'll say it again they REALLY need a font type for sarcasm