RCU Forums - View Single Post - Forum Manners
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forum Manners

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

sadly those 2 are not very easy to communicate over the net, and sometimes hard even in person depending on the individual.
Few weeks back I said something jokingly to a co-worker and got reported to a supervisor... it wasn't directed at her, and everyone else I said it to started laughing immediately except the one... It wasn't nothing bad, and honestly something idiotic to get reported over. Just the worker didn't catch it, and took it personally...

Sarcasm is worst in type as you can't judge the tone of the voice or facial movements to tell. Remember at my 1st job I submitted a resignation letter that was so sarcastic(I mean it was oozing with it) my co-workers thought the boss would slap me across the face upon reading it. Instead she took it sincerely, and almost started crying... Will say the reaction while not what I was looking for gave me a gigantic laugh after my boss walked out due to the look of the ppl I was working with as they were so dumbfounded(and shocked I could keep a straight face)

I've said it before and I'll say it again they REALLY need a font type for sarcasm
I don't dispute any thing you have to say here, and I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when you quit........sounds pretty funny. But again this forum is not work related and shouldn't have the same political restraints.

If I genuinely use good hearted sarcasm and someone gets offended, who's at fault? Me or the person who reacts negatively? I would argue it's the latter. I don't want to and never will live in a world where I have to modify my behavior to appease idiots. With that said I have never so much as dared convey any form of sarcasm on these forums because you guys would school me in a heartbeat......as you should. Whichlis my overriding point, there is a natural pecking order on here dictated by experience, ability, and knowledge. I feel editing posts or even editing yourself messes with the integrity of that process