RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW FUEL VENT SYSTEM - a 'no hassle' device but which format is best?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: NEW FUEL VENT SYSTEM - a 'no hassle' device but which format is best?

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: bskyinc

Have always preferred a short metal tube with the end sticking out bottom of fuse cut on a 45 deg angle acting as
Ram pressure on vent, don't know if it provides much pressure to help force fuel from tank to tank to pump, but anything is better than relying on pump suction alone
More that it reduces the ''draw'' produced by the airflow. Flush fittings have always seemed worse for fuel vapour down the fuselage.

That was my though - flush is "prettier" but will definately create a negative pressure at the vent when the jet is flying and draw fuel out onto the fuse plus making your pump work harder.

I like the idea of a male/male "barb" fitting with external threads and two jam nuts so you can adjust installation depth and for fuse thickness. If it had a cap to seal it that would be nice but it's something to get lost. The internal barb should be enough to firmly grip a piece of tubing and it not come off, the external barb should be enough to retain the line to a start-up tank but no so much that you end up in a struggle to remove the line subsequently spilling Kero all over your hands .... right before you pick up your transmitter.

PaulD